Stocking recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobaltskyy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there I have a 30g community tank with the following inhabitants:
4 bleeding heart tetras
5 zebra danios
3 white tetras
5 cardinal tetras
4 corries
1 pleco
Im getting ready to rehome the pleco as he is quickly outgrowing my tank. I take really good care of my tanks and do pwc's twice a week (one with gravel vacuuming, one without)
I want blue rams- at least a pair - would they get along with everyone ok?

Side note I have a 10 gal not ready for fish yet...but I might be willing to put some of these guys in there

If your tank is well established, I think a pair of rams would be fine once the pleco is rehomed. I'd also recommend possibly rehoming 2 of the groups of schooling fish and then adding a couple of each type that you decide to keep. Just a thought.

Yes its been running for about 2 1/2 years now. I was thinking about getting rid of the white tetras although they do tend to school with the bht's if I got rid of them I could get more cardinals and bht's and maybe zebras too right??

Yes. Not getting rid of them won't be a major issue though. I meant going with for instance 2 groups of 8 fish each instead of 4 groups of 4(ish). Even though a lot of fish will seem like they're schooling with other types, the behavior isn't the same as in a larger group of their own kind. Of the fish you listed, the BHs get the largest (bulk wise) so I'd be conservative with their number.

Back
Top Bottom