Stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eel lover50

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have a 20 gallon high tank and am looking for a new addition. My current stock is 5 golden danios, 1 green wonder killifish, 1 turquoise rainbow, 1 catfish( don't know what it's called), and 1 Cory. I was looking for a cool oddball or stand out fish for the bottom of my tank. Are there any cool catfish or other bottom dwellers out there for my tank? Thanks

I'm probably going to sound like an old nagging granny, but you already have around 9 fish in your 20g tank.
I personally wouldn't add any more, but it is up to you. I know most of the fish are not large fish, but they still require space and clean water.

The golden wonder killifish (is that what you meant) gets around 4 to 6 inches from memory...

Anyway, to answer your question, loaches are odd and beautiful. Mainly kuhli loach and hillstream loach. But they need space and you already have too many fish.

In my opinion, the beauty of a fish tank, is to watch fish swim happily in a large tank with lots of room. They live longer and are happier and it looks more natural.

Hope I didn't sound mean :/

I'm probably going to sound like an old nagging granny, but you already have around 9 fish in your 20g tank.
I personally wouldn't add any more, but it is up to you. I know most of the fish are not large fish, but they still require space and clean water.

The golden wonder killifish (is that what you meant) gets around 4 to 6 inches from memory...

Anyway, to answer your question, loaches are odd and beautiful. Mainly kuhli loach and hillstream loach. But they need space and you already have too many fish.

In my opinion, the beauty of a fish tank, is to watch fish swim happily in a large tank with lots of room. They live longer and are happier and it looks more natural.

Hope I didn't sound mean :/

Will second everything you said here so we both potentially sound mean :angel:

No to the pleco, all but afew grow way too big for your tank, the emperor pleco is about 2-3inch but if you were going to add anymore fish it should be another couple of corys of the species you already have.

Can you post a pic of your catfish? Maybe we can identify it.

Back
Top Bottom