Stocking suggestions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jambar44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Have just started a new 15G planted tank to go in my study, its only small as its the first planted one I have attempted and fits in my study nicely :) my current plan it to put a Betta in it as a center piece, Does anyone have any suggestions for anything else that could go in that will get on ok with a Betta, im thinking some sort of bottom feeder/cleaner type and a small group of something colourful, that will fit that size tank

All suggestions welcome

J

jambar44 said:
I Have just started a new 15G planted tank to go in my study, its only small as its the first planted one I have attempted and fits in my study nicely :) my current plan it to put a Betta in it as a center piece, Does anyone have any suggestions for anything else that could go in that will get on ok with a Betta, im thinking some sort of bottom feeder/cleaner type and a small group of something colourful, that will fit that size tank

All suggestions welcome

J

First you need to cycle it
Then you can have a stock like this IMO-
1- betta
6- ember tetra or celestial pearl Danio
6- chili rasbora or emerald Rasbora or male endlers livebearers
6- panda Cory or corydoras Hasbrous
25- red cherry shrimp(betta may kill them)

Thanks emerald that sounds like a really nice setup...

and yeah samzer to be honest i wasn't sure which ones they where but after looking them up they seem cool.

I wouldn't keep chili rasboras with a betta. They are extremely small and may be killed. CPDs would probably work, but they can be exceedingly shy in the presence of larger fish. Small cory cats like pygmaeus, habrosus, or hastatus tend to do well with bettas. Pandas would work too, but keep in mind they do get a bit larger than the others I mentioned. Cherry shrimp will most likely be eaten... not sure you'll want to spend money on them only to have them end up as feeders. Amano shrimp are much larger and also tend to do well with bettas.

I've been browsing the local shops to see what i can get locally and have found some really nice endlers what do you think of them?

On your comment about the potential size of the panda corys it isn't to much of a problem as I have 2 other peaceful tanks that are much larger and if they do hit the higher end of the scale they can move house :)

One of my friends made the same comment about the shrimp getting eaten however I know another guy that has 15 or so in with his betta and it ignores them, I was considering just buying a small amount as an experiment to test if the Betta has a taste for them or not before blowing the cash on a colony of them :)

Back
Top Bottom