Stocking Suggestions Wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicmarymac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm in the process of adding another tank….

(((MTS~MTS~MTS~MTS!)))

After I am done cycling my new 20L to be a Cory sandbox, i will be shuffling (and rehoming a few) of my current stock, fish which will leave room in my 36 gallon Aqueon bowfront.

Eventually the 36 will only have a male and female BNP, a few ghost shrimp and a couple of assassin snails.

There is a possibility of keeping the seven five year old Harlequin Rasboras in the 36 or they may be moved to the new 20L.

I would like to have a list of possible fish to present to my husband… but no bottom dwellers, please, just in case the BNP's decide to breed.

Any other suggestions are welcome, Angels? Rainbows? I'm out of ideas… I just don't have enough experience.

Thank you,

Mary

Honestly, you have TONS of options. You have already thought about angels and rainbows. Good start. I am a big angel fan. They are wonderful fish, and my favorite aquarium inhabitant.
Here are a few other ideas that I think are fin, and a little off the beaten path:
Paradise fish
Pearl gourami trio
Purple passion danios
Ruby barbs
Glass catfish
Golden topminnow
There are tons of amazing seasonal killifish that are gorgeous. They live a normal fishy lifespan in an aquarium setting where the water doesn't dry up on them like it does in the wild.
If you have an idea of a direction you would like to go in, let us know too. That can help with ideas. :)

What about an apistogramma pair or trio?
In my 25 gallon I have gold barbs, and they are just as funny as cory cats :) I would suggest gold barbs. Online it says they are subtropical, but I keep my tank at 78-79 and they are doing great.

Honestly, you have TONS of options. You have already thought about angels and rainbows. Good start. I am a big angel fan. They are wonderful fish, and my favorite aquarium inhabitant.
Here are a few other ideas that I think are fin, and a little off the beaten path:
Paradise fish
Pearl gourami trio
Purple passion danios
Ruby barbs
Glass catfish
Golden topminnow
There are tons of amazing seasonal killifish that are gorgeous. They live a normal fishy lifespan in an aquarium setting where the water doesn't dry up on them like it does in the wild.
If you have an idea of a direction you would like to go in, let us know too. That can help with ideas. :)

Lol. Thank you!

Let me look up your stocking suggestions. I am hoping to get my husband involved in the decision as this tank is the one in his line of sight. It would be nice if it/they are large enough to see from about ten feet away.

I am only familiar with glass cats.

M

What about an apistogramma pair or trio?
In my 25 gallon I have gold barbs, and they are just as funny as cory cats :) I would suggest gold barbs. Online it says they are subtropical, but I keep my tank at 78-79 and they are doing great.

I love cories, they are my favorites! I will look into gold barbs.

I have three tanks with Rainbow fish, so I am a little biased, lol. I have several different species but the Sepik Rainbow to me is the one of the most stunning (my avatar picture). The Rainbow fish are hardy and mix well with almost any species. Good luck with whatever decision you make :)

I have three tanks with Rainbow fish, so I am a little biased, lol. I have several different species but the Sepik Rainbow to me is the one of the most stunning (my avatar picture). The Rainbow fish are hardy and mix well with almost any species. Good luck with whatever decision you make :)

Thank you for responding. I will add them to my list of possibles.

Your avatar photo is fantastic!

Thank you for the kind words. Keep us updated on your tank

Back
Top Bottom