stocking two 29 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone I currently have 2 29 gallon tanks and I only have a few fish in them. I would like to put some more in with them so I thought I mshould ask for some ideas. In tank1 I have 3 black skirt tetras, 2 zebra danios, a dwarf chiclid (Kribensis), and a catfish (Striped Raphael Catfish) so nothing to small in that one. Tank2 I have 4 platies this tank is newer. Thanks for the help ahead of time. :thanks:

We need to know what substrate you used, filtration, temp, color or fish type preferences etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used a light colored gravel that is a little bigger in size than most gravels, average filtration for a 29 gallon, temp. is always around 75 maybe a little above, and any compatible fish that aren't to hard to find are good.

Here's the thing average filtration could mean many things. Hob or canister? If you have good filtration then you could do a small variety of pleco in with the platys. I would go with bristle nose but there are many varieties of those to chose from. Rubber lip pleco is another option. Plecos create a ton of waste so your filtration would make a difference as to whether that's an option. Are you wanting these fish to breed or to avoid that?
I would avoid corys as your gravel sounds too big. They prefer sand. If you switch out the gravel for sand then you could do a good sized group of corys for the bottom dwellers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ok thanks and I have both HOB filters

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom