Stocking two new tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting a new 30-55 tank for my house soon. I've got a rough idea for that tank. Then I have taken a project under my wing. I am ( hopefully) being an onsite marine biologist for a tank for a school. The size is going to be roughly 50-75 gallons. I have no idea what I would like for that tank apart from a few guppies. I would really like a community tank as I dont want the fighting to upset the kids. Please include shrimp and maybe if you can a really spectacular centrepiece. Maybe a pair of GBR. Tanks for your help! Looking forward to hearing your answers!

You could always do a pearl gourami or two, don't think they are as roudy as angels (but could be wrong as I've never kept them). You know kids would enjoy any kind of bright colored shrimp and snails. Plus a good size school or two of the more colorful tetras along with the colorful guppies. Something else that could be fun would be ghost cats. I used to have some a long time ago and they were just such laid back fish, always stayed together, and the kids thought they were really cool.

I would recommend a red tailed black shark, they are really active, look amazing, help keep the tank clean and as soon as the kids hear "shark" they'll go crazy

Red tail sharks are very territorial so you can't really have other bottom feeders.

Back
Top Bottom