Strange Brown Stuff All In Tank (photos attached)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hendr1x

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I just setup a new tank and I am letting it cycle empty (besides plants) and bringing in water and substrate of my established tank.

I'm getting this brown stuff all in tank...I'm not sure what it is at all. I'm assuming it has something to do with my drift wood however, not only is it everywhere but my drift was soaked for like 6 months before I put it in the new tank.

Is something wrong? Is there something I can do to prevent this from continuing to happen?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• 20200724_170112.jpg
    20200724_170112.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200724_170121.jpg
    20200724_170121.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 31
Hello everyone,

I just setup a new tank and I am letting it cycle empty (besides plants) and bringing in water and substrate of my established tank.

I'm getting this brown stuff all in tank...I'm not sure what it is at all. I'm assuming it has something to do with my drift wood however, not only is it everywhere but my drift was soaked for like 6 months before I put it in the new tank.

Is something wrong? Is there something I can do to prevent this from continuing to happen?

It’s pretty common to get a fungus on driftwood in a new tank. Brush it off and do a water change. It will stop in a few weeks.

Hello everyone,

i believe these are diatoms. Basically brown algae. Do you have a high PH in your tank> Is your aquarium near direct sunlight? Just clean your tank (with tank water) And research the ways to control diatoms in your area:)

Back
Top Bottom