strange new guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was given some little guppies they are very unusual,I was told they originally came from a creek generations ago,their tails are not colourful,and rather small but they have fluro pink,green,blue and orange coloured dots and patches all over their bodies and their dorsal fins are extremely strange really long like a wedding veil and they can make them stand straight up.some of theit tails are odd to ,kinda long at the edges and small in the middle,they all have three black dots on their bodies,they look like they are living in the 80's ha!ha!

I have tried to take some pictures but the little guys won't stay still,I will try again,also when I photograph them the tails don't show at all ,any photo taking tips?

I just uploaded my first photos to my gallery,they are not really good but you can get the general idea althought the colours aren't very bright 8O

they are feeder guppies. i have seen tons of them at my local fish store. they do look alot like endlers. tracygh had this exact same question actually and she also thought they were endlers. they are realy cool lookin fish but u can pic them up for something like 12 for 2 bucks. cheap but a great addition to an aquarium.

thanks for the advice guys they are cool little fellas,I took a few better photos which I will up load,so feeder guppies are just a sort of mongrel wild type that are used for feeder fish?I know up here there are loads of guppies in the creeks probably released from someones aquarium years ago,I suppose they are in ponds and run off channels in the Cairns beaches,which is where my father in law caught them years ago.Where are guppies native to?

What they are is wild-type guppies (AKA feeder guppies) pretty much as you would find them in the Northern parts of South America and some of the Carribean Islands.

Back
Top Bottom