Strange patches appeared in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Athenal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am very new to tanks. Since my ex left this great tank I thought I would give it a go.

I have cycled my tank and finally after awhile I added some fish. We bought these glow fish 3 of them. 3 fancy tail guppies. I was watching my fish when I saw what I thought was some sort of cotton in my tank it was on my plant. When I pulled it out it was not like cotton it was kind of slimy with ball shapes in it. I looked and there are three more sacks like it. I am not sure what they are. I've only had the fish in there for about a month. I was looking and it looks like a film with white balls in it.

Help any idea what they are?

If it's like this then pond snail eggs. This is a macro picture, these eggs will be tiny, maybe just a hair bigger than the tip of a ballpoint pen.

pondsnaileggs.jpg

If it's not like this, then we need a picture :)

Not those

Not like that. I have no snails in my tank. I'll try to get a picture. The pet store said it sounded like eggs from the tetra but that they thought the glow fish couldn't reproduce.

Glofish can and do reproduce. They are genetcally altered to make the the colors that they are and the genes are passed on in their babies. Alison

Glofish can and do reproduce. They are genetcally altered to make the the colors that they are and the genes are passed on in their babies. Alison

It won't be glofish, they scatter their eggs.

Is the plant live and recently purchased? Your description sounds very much like eggs from some sort of snail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom