Strange snail behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yeti

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday I noticed my snail climbed up the side of my tank to the surface and sat there for a bit and then went back down. a few minutes later he shot straight up to the surface - he floated up to the surface, i figured he was dead. after that he sank down to the bottom and just sat there for about an hour then started going back to his normal behavior ..

ive heard in the past about snails and their strange behavior like they enjoy riding around the tank on a bubble (although my snails are a little too big i think now for that)

what do you guys think?

snails fill up with air and float like there dead its normal mine go to the top of the tank all the time then fill with air float around then drop its pretty cool to watch them

yeah they are pretty weird.. but since i know its nothing to be worried about, its fun to watch them and wonder what they will do next.. I just dread the day i find snail eggs... ! hopefully my pleco and tetras will eat them haha

I will reassure you too. Normal. You can sometimes see large bubbles come out from the bottom of my tank. Then you look where they came from and the snail is there. No "excuse me" or anything...just letting bubbles go.

My snail will purposefully slide his way up the glass to the top of the tank, then "let go" and float wherever the filter current takes him. I only realized he did this when I was doing a water change one day and there he was floating (see signature :)). It wasn't long before he found footing on the glass and made his way back down into the safety of the plants and gravel. I guess PWC day was too much action for him.

haha thats too funny.. yeah snails have their own personality and they are very fun to watch.. im just dreading the day 2 become 50...keep an eye out on my journal Ill post some pics of them..

Back
Top Bottom