Stranger plant danger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhrisCross

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not entirely sure what is happening in my little fish world, but this morning as I am feeding my fish, I notice that part of one of my fake plants looks pretty real.... I Check it out and sure enough it's a little green stalk rooted into my gravel ....

I'm worried that it may be unsafe for my fish and I would absolutely hate to lose anybody else .... However I was planning on putting in some real plants anyways ..... So if it's not a danger ... I'd really like to keep itIMG_2799.JPG

Like it's a plastic plant that came in a plastic package?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah all of my plants are .... Except this little sprout is alive

Why not put it in a separate container for now and see what it turns into? Maybe someone could identify now, but it will only get easier to identify when more mature.

That happened to me once, I removed it and placed it in a jar, then forgot about it and then noticed it died... Never knew what it was or how it got there.

In my betta tank once a bug laid eggs, then my betta had a feast when they hatched, so no clue if a bug can transport a seed into the tank?

Here's the plant now .... It's grown a lot ... And looks kind of scary XD .... I still have no idea what it is IMG_2825.JPGIMG_2824.JPG

strange. When it gets a little bigger, maybe post pics in the "planted aquarium" section, folks there may be able to identify!

Thanks, I'll do that .... And by "pulpy" ... It's not cloudy at all ... The plant seems to create pulp? ... Like orange juice?

Back
Top Bottom