Stress bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looks my my little GBR's are stressed just wondering what you all think could be wrong. Just noticed them looking like this maybe a week ago. The only thing different about the tank is i added a piece of driftwood and 3 more cories were added.

Just tested and the params were
ph 8.0 (been steady since i set the tank up 6 months ago)
amm 0ppm
nitri 0ppm
nitra <5ppm

I do 2 or more water changes a week of 25% anyone got any ideas because i didnt think adding some DW or cories would have them stressed out for over a week

2re0i1k.jpg

2lbe6g3.jpg

still have the bars and i noticed the larger of the fish has some clear stringy looking poop. is that signs of a parasite?

Internal flagellates. Treat with metronidazole powder applied to frozen bloodworms that have been thawed. For half a pound of food, use two teaspoons of powder. You might be able to get some medicated fish food, but mine never liked the stuff. You need an anti-protozoan medicated fish food FYI.

Internal flagellates. Treat with metronidazole powder applied to frozen bloodworms that have been thawed. For half a pound of food, use two teaspoons of powder. You might be able to get some medicated fish food, but mine never liked the stuff. You need an anti-protozoan medicated fish food FYI.

and just feed it to the whole tank? and what if it happens to not be parasites should i treat anyway, how can i tell for sure

i guess im just paranoid about putting meds in :hide:

Feed the food exclusively for a week. Nothing happens if you treat them and it's not flagellates. If you feel like getting a piece of fish excrement and looking under a microscope after making a slide you can certainly do that to verify.

Back
Top Bottom