Stress zyme help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help!!!!! I added some stress zyme to my tank as I purchased new fish therefore thought this would help the increase in bio load. However I read the instructions wrong and added 5ml per 10 l. As opposed to 10 gallons. Will this harm my fish?

Chemicals in Tanks

Help!!!!! I added some stress zyme to my tank as I purchased new fish therefore thought this would help the increase in bio load. However I read the instructions wrong and added 5ml per 10 l. As opposed to 10 gallons. Will this harm my fish?

Hello Ld...

Don't know the specifics of your tank, but I'd recommend changing out half the water asap. Using chemicals in the tank water isn't a good idea. You don't know how your fish, plants and good bacteria will be affected.

Get some floating plants into the tank too. Anacharis, Pennywort, Water sprite and Water wisteria are natural water filters and will be good for the water.

Keep the water clean by removing and replacing half the tank volume every week and service your filter equipment regularly.

Keep the food to a minimum. Get a water testing kit and check the water for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. If you have a trace of either of the first two, then change out half the water.

Just some things that occurred to me.

B

It is an established tank. I am changing water now!!!

Ahhhh I had a panic and did a 30% water change!n

Chemicals in Tanks

Ahhhh I had a panic and did a 30% water change!n

Hello again Ld...

Good for you. Nothing wrong with a water change. Now, get the amount changed out to half the tank's volume and do that weekly and you'll guarantee your fish and plants a stable environment.

B

I do 30% on a weekly basis anyway. I have been since I got the tank around a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom