Stressed out Puffer fish (Tetraodon nigroviridis)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it might be a problem.. you would need to slowly acclimate the pleco back once the puffers need to be acclimated to full SW later.. it sounds like a huge headache to me..

Like Littlepuff said there are no brackish/marine plecos out there. All Plecos are strictly FW despite what some may have said. They may tolerate it for awhile but it will do damage to the fish's organs and die prematurely. If you get the SG up to 1.020 you cant try marine snails in the tank. I'm going to try that with my tank and hope they dont end up as snacks for the puffer. Marine snails, from what I've heard, have a tougher shell then FW snails so hopefully the puffer would give up on trying to eat them

Ok. well two of my leapard puffers have died. i think it is due to the lack of salt. I baught some salt last night so after i get my salt a little up there i will get more.
The LFS around here sell them as fresh water and they are all grey and stressed out in the tanks.

Back
Top Bottom