Striped raphael catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BozziniINC

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone

I currentlt have a 70 gallon fully setup with 2 big strong fluval filters. The tank is currently stocked with an oscar a sengal bichir and 3 clown loaches. My lfs has a 6 inch striped raphael catfish that i really want but im not sure if i still have room. Neither my oscar nor bichir is aggresive if it matters

You may have room what is the foot print of the tank ?

You will need to provide caves for the Raphael, they are extremely nocturnal. This is a must this Fish needs to hide/cover

Once they acclimatise they may/ will come out for food but that will probably be the only time you see them lights on. Lights out feeding is recommended.

A red led/ light for night viewing is ideal for viewing and feeding etc

They aren't the most active even in darkness and mines is a clumsy bugger lol, but big hardy peaceful fish that is fun to see when you do.

At 6" make sure your LFS doesn't net it they will get tangled!

Its riverstone gravel if thats what u mean by footprint and ik they like to hide. My uncle gave me a nice piece of driftwood that he used for many fish tanks which is currently being soaked. Ik not to use a net. Could i put him in a bucket with water and use clean gloves?

By "footprint" he means the dimensions of the tank. Like if the tank was a long breeder or a shorter but taller tank.

Your tank should be fine, and the driftwood should provide enough cover.

Tho I also purchased new driftwood which I made into a cave and the Raphael didn't use it, it kicked the plec out of it's cave !

Get your lfs to catch it in a plastic tub or similar, they will probably double bag it but I would take a bucket with me and use that personally.

Hey thank u so much but i decided to stick with the fish i have and not stress them out

Back
Top Bottom