stripped raphael cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rokz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my lfs has some stripped raphael cats. I am looking at putting one in my 30g community tank but I wanted to do some research first. Can anyone give me any input on these cats? Thanks.

Those sucker grow really big, to big for a 30G tank, I suggest if you get them, anticipate in purchasing a bigger tank in at least a yr or so.

Yeah, if my memory serves me right, they get to about 8 inches.

Oh right. Fishbase says the 24 cm. Pretty much the same Too large for a 30G IMO. Think about getting dwarf plecs instead. Clown plecos, Queen Arabesques, King Tigers all look similar, but grow to a max of 4-5 inches. They're a little pricier, though.

If you get one, don't plan on seeing it. I put one in my tank a month ago and haven't seen it more than twice.

-J

I had two for 8 years in a 45 gal aquarium and they hid in the rocks 99% of the time. They grew to about 7" or so. About as interesting as the rocks they hid in.

They would become ultra stressed and probably die. They need cover, not providing it would be somewhat cruel.

Back
Top Bottom