Stupid Carnie People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a phone call from my friend Sue that went as follows-
"Hey Katy, you know that carnival thats in the mall parking lot?"
"Yah, why?"
"Uhm, I threw a ball in a cup and now I have two goldfish... they are white... what do I do with them"

*bangs head against wall*

I am now fish sitting two "white" common goldfish while my friend sets up a 20gal aquarium. Im assuming they are white because of severe ammonia burns. They aren't albino because they do have orange on them, just not much...
So they are hanging out in my 29gal tank until she gets a proper set up.
She said "I knew as soon as I got them I needed to call you, cuz you would know what to do"

At least two fish from that carnival are in good hands =o)

They might be white goldfish. I have had several whites with splotches of orange in my time. The only thing is that the non-gold ones usually seem to be weaker, with a much higher mortalitry rate. I am not positive on the details, but it has something to do with the healthier ones turning orange earlier in life.

they could be a type of koi goldfish that accidentally got mixed with the "normies"

white is not uncommon. It is an undesirable color in most varieties, and they are usually culled.

Wow, thanks for the information! I didn't know that commons could be white. The only time ive ever seen them white was more of a silvery color which I figured were ammonia burns...
I shouldn't assume stuff hehe

One of her goldies has one white eye and one orange eye. she will be pleased to know they aren't burned or anything

I don't think they are a type of koi... ive seen little white koi before, and they look different =o)

lyquidphyre said:
I am now fish sitting two "white" common goldfish while my friend sets up a 20gal aquarium.

Kudos to you Katy. Good job! They are two lucky goldies. :D

I'm going to give you kudos for helping someone, and helping save the life of goldfish who would probably have to live in a bowl.

me too you need kudos for saving goldfish that would have died in like 2 days

Back
Top Bottom