Styrofoam for shipping insulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
I usually insulate my shrimp and plant boxes by lining the inside with styrofoam. I have ordered so many things online that I have just been re-using the little squares, but my supply is finally running low :lol: I was wondering, where do you guys get the styrofoam for your fish/shrimp/plant boxes? Do you buy them pre-cut or do you cut them yourselves?

I use the stuff from home depot, it's the cheapest effective method I've found so far. I get the ones that are already precut into around 1.5x3ft or so sections, rather than the big 4x8 sheets which don't fit in my SUV well without cutting them down.

The precut ones are in a stack of 6 so I just keep them bound together, draw out the template lines, and then use a styrofoam cutter to cut them all at once.

Each pack of styro sheets is around $8 give or take.

I use the stuff from home depot, it's the cheapest effective method I've found so far. I get the ones that are already precut into around 1.5x3ft or so sections, rather than the big 4x8 sheets which don't fit in my SUV well without cutting them down.

The precut ones are in a stack of 6 so I just keep them bound together, draw out the template lines, and then use a styrofoam cutter to cut them all at once.

Each pack of styro sheets is around $8 give or take.

+1 yeah the home depot or Lowes stuff is your best bet

Back
Top Bottom