Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horsegirlmaddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my boyfriend has come over to the dark side... Heh heh heh :p he now wants his very own tank. He's helped me care for mine for a year, so I know he knows what he's getting into, and he's got me in case he needs help. So I'm getting him a tank as a present, and finding something really cool to put in it when it's cycled. I'm going to find the biggest tank I can (within my budget) so probably a 50 gal or so. He's a guy (obviously) so I want to get him something with the "cool factor" so a community tank or goldfish are out of the question. I was thinking a single large specimen might be pretty cool. So my idea was perhaps a Frontosa cichlid and a Senegal bichir? What ar

Take him to the LFS and see what he likes. You should be able to get a good idea without giving away the surprises.

Take him to the LFS and see what he likes. You should be able to get a good idea without giving away the surprises.

That is a brillant idea! Just say you want to go look at fish and then talk to him while there... oh look at that one, what do you think about it. Bet you could find out what he really likes and what he doesn't. Plus it can give you an idea of what size tank would be good within your budget. You can also do it online, say you want to see what kind of fish different places have. Check out places like AquariumFish.net and Oddballfish.com. There are alot of other places too.

That's a good idea :) he loves to go to the LFS with me, but I'm usually caught up in squealing over the cichlids, marine fish etc lol I don't really notice him. I wish we had a petco in alberta, I would've gotten him a 90 gal or bigger at the "dollar a gallon" sale!

Have you checked your local craigslist for used tanks and stand? Around me you can get some really good deals and really nice stuff for cheap. I think there's a lot available right now because people want xmas money, at least in my area.
Best Wishes!!

Back
Top Bottom