Suggestions for 100G Tropical Freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, I'd say Angels. Six of them with maybe 3 pairs of different color. Then a school of cardinal tetras.

I just want to double check. Are we sure all these stocking options are suitable for this 100 gallon, 39x20x27 setup?

They are generally a bottom dwelling fish that will often times eat snails or shrimp. Thinking about it a clown loach is a little big for a 100g tank, especially because you would need a sizable group of them. Other types of loaches would be a great addition though.

Is 39x20x27 really enough room for all these fish and will this filter bother them?

image-1160506328.jpg

That should be ok. I was trying to choose fish that stay small and don't produce much waste.

Most of the fish I named don't produce much waste. I'd stick to 3-4 angelfish. For the top area, I'd add some marbled hatchet fish.

Hey everyone! Can I still get some more suggestion in stocking options?

Hey everyone! Can I still get some more suggestion in stocking options?

Sure no problem what is the current stock or what stock have you decided on? I have a few good ideas but need to know what you already have....

Ok so here's what I think or would do if I had a 100 gallon ready (kinda hoping for one that size or bigger I next couple months) I forget what substrate you're using, if sand 5 mts snails(they will multiply)

I'm going to break this up into swimming levels

Bottom:
10-12 Cory cats
Some sort of hybrid synodontis (love mine)

Mid level/lower

Pair of rams (I suggest Bolivians I find then hardier with more personality and just as beautiful as grbs)
3-4 apistogrammas (lots of color choices)

Mid/upper

5 boesmani rainbows
20 mosquito rasboras
10 neon tetras or 5 dwarf rainbows
1 pearl gourami or 2 dwarf gourami

I'd also add after a few months once the tank is really set
5-8 oto cats
4 bamboo shrimp (if you have good current)

I'm sure some people will be upset with what I'm about to say, I don't recommend a pleco of any sort that is only my personal opinion. In general they are hiding all day and have large bioloads.

I do not recall what filtration you have and if its sufficient for the stock

I'm getting a fluval cannister filter. All of those will live happily together? In this bow front tank?

I'm getting a fluval cannister filter. All of those will live happily together? In this bow front tank?

The only question is the apistogramma if they breed they might get a little aggressive. If you want to be 100% (or close to it every fish has own personality). You could add some fancy guppies or a few swordtails instead. I have most of those types in my 70 bow front

As long as the fluval is big enough you should be good with filtration ( if I was you I'd get a Rena xp4 and an xp3. I like redundancy and over filtration) as for fluval I'd think the fx5 or 6

I'm going to load it with all the chemical and bio things I need.

I'm going to load it with all the chemical and bio things I need.

Please elaborate on what you mean. Bio things I get but the chemical is my question. Most people actually usually have the bio things and sponges only. And add other chemicals or inserts when specially needed

Carbon is really not needed especially if the tank is planted. Actually can be bad for a planted tank, at least that's the advice I was given and has worked well for me. The only time I use carbon is after I'm done medicating to clear it out or if I'm worried about some contamination that I want out fast

What about when I'm doing a fishless cycle? Can i swap filters during the cycle?

What about when I'm doing a fishless cycle? Can i swap filters during the cycle?

That would basically restart the cycle I'd just leave it be. How long has the cycle been since you started your cycle? Did you mean get a new filter or the filter media?

Back
Top Bottom