Suggestions for 100G Tropical Freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Haven't cycled yet but the water has been circulating for a few days. I'm still going to run prime through it for 24 hours and then start my fishless cycle. Don't mind the floating driftwood, I'm hoping it will sink soon. So far I have thought a about stocking it with Neon Tetra, Cory catfish, and red cherry shrimp. Any more ideas for plants or fish? The tank is bow front by the way. The tank is 39Lx20Wx27H

image-3666163138.jpg

O yea , it looks like a tall tank which is good so you have room for some top swelling fish , you can go one of two ways 1 large schools of small fish or a few fish thy are a bit larger . Decor Recommendations ..... Eh live plants ? But here is a stoching scheme that I would use
10 zebra danios ( for cycle but you can keep if u want )
1 discus or angle fish
1 red rainbow fish
1 bosemani rainbow fish
8 cories
1 red bristle nose pleco or if u want one regular pleco or no pleco either way is fine
6 killifish ( a bit harder to find but very pretty )
10 ghost shrimp
5 cherry shrimp
1 mystery snail
3 upside down cats
6 cardinal tetras
6 black phantom tetras

Let me know what you think , if u want more or a different suggestion it's fine I could come up with these al day haha

Freshwater_King

I failed to mention the water current is probably from low to moderate. As you can tell, I have a powerhead filter. It filters 1800L/H. I tried to distribute the current equally and it seems to have done good at that depth. Can I really stock that much? Because that would be great! Thank you for the list and I'm curious to see what else you might suggest!

Well I do feel it is a little over stocked so here is a different revised version
10 zebra danios ( for cycling but u can keep them if u want )
2 German ram cichlids or kribenirus chiclid
1 red rainbow fish
1 Bosemani rainbow fish
3 killifish ( like I said before , if you can find them )
8 cories
5 cherry shrimp
5 ghost shrimp
1 mystery snail
6 cardinal tetras
6 black phantom tetras

Like I said these are suggestions you can do what ever you want that the beauty of it ! I still have more hahaha but the current shouldn't really matter it's a big enough tank.
Freshwater_King

100 gallon wow you have some great options

I would suggest:

5-6 boesmani rainbows (they like to be in groups)
Pair of GBRs or Bolivian rams
2 Angel fish
School of mosquito rasboras

That would leave room for future additions of what catches you eye. It is your tank and should be what you like

Wow! Y'all are amazing and I love this news! Any suggestions on how to cover up the filter some?

Wow! Y'all are amazing and I love this news! Any suggestions on how to cover up the filter some?

Eh some plants or drift wood but some tall plants are the best bet if you get two angle fish tho make sure they are both females or you could expect bullying or fights

+1 on tall plants

You could also paint (outside) back of the tank black gives a great effect makes the fish colors pop and hides the pipes on back

To give you more suggestions I have a question do u want peaceful or aggressive ? And if peaceful and particular one you are attracted to that I can wor off of ?

I'd do cardinal tetras instead of neons. You could also look into doing a pair or two of German blue rams or apistos. Other possible peaceful fish would be honey/dwarf/pearl gouramis, or possibly a severum cichlid (you'd want to watch your smaller fish or go with a larger schooling fish though). Personally if it were my tank I'd plant it extremely heavily and add a leopard ctenopoma or two, but I'd cut any small fish and stick to slightly larger fish like rainbows and dwarf cichlids.

To give you more suggestions I have a question do u want peaceful or aggressive ? And if peaceful and particular one you are attracted to that I can wor off of ?

Peaceful! I honestly am not sure what fish I particularly want.

I would copy and paste some of the suggestions people had and google them to see what you think of the look and what would you like in your tank. Also for compatibility I often refer to the live aquaria compatibility chart

I think this would be a cool stock

10 Cardinal Tetras
2 Ram Cichlids
1-3 Assassin Snails
6 Congo Tetras
9 Cory Catfish (Maybe 4 Panda and 5 Julii)
3 Plecos
Maybe 2 Gouramis

I think this would be a cool stock

10 Cardinal Tetras
2 Ram Cichlids
1-3 Assassin Snails
6 Congo Tetras
9 Cory Catfish (Maybe 4 Panda and 5 Julii)
3 Plecos
Maybe 2 Gouramis

Could I add more or would this be about it?

Could I add more or would this be about it?

You could probably add more fish to this stock. Maybe some type of Rainbowfish. You would probably need some more bottom feeders too. Look into getting some Kuhli or Gold Dojo Loaches

Ok we'll in aquraiums you have a little lee way a little wiggle room , it doesn't always have to be exact but asking as it isn't dangrous or harmful
A 100 gallon is a nice big tank
I don't have a particular set up I sea but I have Recommendations
Discus are large and very beautiful fish , they are not for the beginner aquriust , they are very weak to ph whater tempture etc . They are quite expensive.
Gouramis are Beautiful but may need a certain male to female ratio ( this is for some gourami spices not all ) but males usally fight In my tan I had two and both males a week later one male , but in a tank that big you may be ok
Tetras Small but beautiful tetras are among my favorite. Very peaceful and like school but small allows you to get a lot ! They come in many color types and shapes , and when I say many I mean many, some require some special requirements but they are quite few
Loaches are good peaceful bottom dwellers
Hachet fish are a interesting one yu should do a few but that would depend on your other fish
Cories in my eyes are a must have :)
Plecos are awesome if you do them right not the regular petCo ones they are to big and ugly
Angles are kinda eh weird quite bipolar ahha
Shrimp and snail are a must have also :)
Danios are the hardiest fish ! They are zippy lively fish not most attractive but nice
Rainbow fish are nice sized fish with a few color types , quite enteric
There are plenty more but my finger are getting tired hah and it's getting long ahha let me know what you think ! , I'm curios what u think
Good luck
Freahwater_King

Back
Top Bottom