Suggestions for 90 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mschnex

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 gallon tank with the following fish and was wondering what I could add to it. Most of the posts I've seen asking what to mix with tiger barbs are for tanks that are 30-55 gallons. I'm wondering what options are opened up by having a slightly larger tank.

I currently have:
- 7 tiger barbs
- 6 green tiger barbs
- 10 odessa barbs
- 8 otos
- 1 rainbow shark

There are several pieces of driftwood and a handful of real plants. There are also MTS and the substrate is PFS. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

anything?

p.s. attached is a picture of my tank. oh and I had miscounted. I have 4 green tiger barbs and 6 regular tiger barbs.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 78
I would love a 90G tank. How about some Roseline Sharks (Denison Barbs)? These fish do well in schools of 6 to 8.

I've heard the little barb fish are very fin nippers so I'm don't have any other suggestions. Let's see what others say. :)

I don't have any suggestions for you but I wanted to tell you that I really like your tank!!!

I have gourami that do quite well with tiger barbs. They are kinda nice as a contrast to the very active tiger barbs. You could have a school of beta sharks.

You could get a lot of different fish.

Option 1 - A pair of German blue rams or apistos, a pearl gourami and a keyhole cichlid
Option 2 - Red Severum, and a Opaline gourami
Option 3 - Geophagus Juapari, and 3-5 rainbow fish
Option 4 - Rainbow Cichlid pair and Festivum pair

Those are my ideas.

Thank you for all the suggestions (now time for me to read up on all these fish and see what I want the most!)

Back
Top Bottom