Suggestions Please..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1FatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
How-D

I currently have a 55gal. Semi-planted tank with 3 angelfish, 2 kissing gourami, 6 neon tetras, 1 gold algae eater and 1 catfishy.
I want to add a few more 'bigger' fish. I was looking into more Gouramis
(am actually going to be giving the kissing gouramis back because they eat my plants and hide most of the time.. Just boring fish!).
Anyway, will gouramis be ok? What about rainbow fish?
Can anyone make some suggestions please :+)
Thank you all,
Richie

If you're going to return the gouramis, I think a small school (five or six) rainbow fish would be very pretty. :)

I second the rainbowfish - I have some with an angel and there are no problems - gorgeous underrated fish!

Wouldn't both be too nippy to keep with each other? Everytime I see the school of rainbow fish at the vancouver aquarium they're extremely nippy towards each other.

There are many rainbow fish out there. I currently have Celebes and they add great color to the tank. As for nippyness, I'm not sure, I was blaming the bumble bee gobies for missing pieces of tails.

I have 3 boesemani's and they nip at each other, but they do not bother any of the other tank inhabitants. They do not have any injuries from their conspecific nipping. I just consider them rambunctious, like my serpaes.

Back
Top Bottom