Sump question please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cpr with the aqualifters are nice. The aqualifters sometimes fail. If you lose siphon, then your floor will be flooded. I cant remember how to prevent this, so its up to you to research it. Seems way easier to drill, which is what i did.

If you use the valve mentioned above, then you can use 1 pump. Just T off from the return pump to create 2 return line.

Researched it the only way to make it not overflow if power fails that I found was get the overflow to siphon then killed your pumps. Have a cup and bucket and get ready to scoop water out of the sump when your overflow stops working because it he water level is not high enough and your sump is full almost all the way to the top. Then turn your pumps back on whatever your display tank water level is at this point is what it needs to be at all times. It says to just mark the water level with a dry erase marker does that sound about right?

Yup. Turn off your power and figure out how much more water your sump can take.

You should know the ins and outs of an hob overflow much more than i do by now. Seems like it was ages ago when i considered hob overflow (winter 2012 :p). I spent many hours and days and weeks thinking about overflows.

Yup. Turn off your power and figure out how much more water your sump can take.

You should know the ins and outs of an hob overflow much more than i do by now. Seems like it was ages ago when i considered hob overflow (winter 2012 :p). I spent many hours and days and weeks thinking about overflows.

Change of plans just got a 75 gallon with stand and a 20 gallon for 50 dollars so I'm going for the 20 gallon sump

Back
Top Bottom