Sun sun canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed last Saturday that my filter was not flowing really well. I have a 75 gal tank heavily planted. So my husband took the tubes off the filter and outside I went with it. When I opened it there are 4 baskets. The last 2 ones have the white mesh/filter pad. They were so filled with what I would call filter poop that they would not drain. So I removed those an added 2 new one( the old ones practically fell apart in my hands) I did squeeze them repeatedly in the canister as I did NOT drain any of the old water out. Attached the filter back to the tank and WOW the flow is back to normal. I'm a happy camper again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I noticed last Saturday that my filter was not flowing really well. I have a 75 gal tank heavily planted. So my husband took the tubes off the filter and outside I went with it. When I opened it there are 4 baskets. The last 2 ones have the white mesh/filter pad. They were so filled with what I would call filter poop that they would not drain. So I removed those an added 2 new one( the old ones practically fell apart in my hands) I did squeeze them repeatedly in the canister as I did NOT drain any of the old water out. Attached the filter back to the tank and WOW the flow is back to normal. I'm a happy camper again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

you should change your filter floss weekly.

Yeah, you need to rinse those fairly regularly. Eventually they will fall apart but you should be able to reuse the fine pads for at least a couple of months.

Yeah, you need to rinse those fairly regularly. Eventually they will fall apart but you should be able to reuse the fine pads for at least a couple of months.

honestly though, you can get large polyfiber roles (stuffing i beleive) for dirt cheap at walmart and could replace it weekly if you wanted. It would probably be the best tbh.

Back
Top Bottom