Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Sunburt wag. keeps attacking my samll fish.

I can't tell if she's playing or what but I had her for a very long time. I noticed she would chase after my neon tetras which have passed away sadly. Now she has turned to one of my guppies. She is one of those glowlight guppies that is rainbow. So i don't know what to do now. Sunburt wag are suppose to be peaceful fish aren't they? Please help thanks in advance

Old 03-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

what size tank are these guys in? normally, they are peaceful, but if they're cramped and/or you dont have enough cover in the tank, they'll get somewhat nippy

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #3

I have a 20 gallon tank. I have: 1 sunburt wag, 2 ghost catfish, 4 little guppies, 1 small algae eater(don't know its name starts with an O) If I calculated correctly I should be at the tanks limit. I actually got 2 of the guppies and one of the ghost catfish yesterday becuase I thought the guppies would band together and keep Blaze(sunburst wag) away. She used to go for my neons but they all died. I haven't had any more problems until my large guppy, storm, died just a few weeks ago. I checked the water and everything is safe(exept for the little white wormlike creatures that I keep scrubing off, but I have found none on any of my fish and this chasing problem started before them)
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

do you have plenty of decor breaking up the tank? the more plants, rocks, etc to provide cover, the better

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #5

*sigh* just went up stairs to check up on them and she is still chasing her around. It even looks like it's getting worse. I'm so scared for my guppies life. Can the stress of being chased kill her? She's never out in the open anymore like she used to be. I don't know why Blaze decided to start a fight with just her. The other guppies are fine and not scared of Blaze at all.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #6

I have 3 live plants, a moss ball(which won't do any cover), some kind of grass(think its called monograss or something, its not that big and the fish don't usually hide in it) this other samll plant as well. I also have this huge purple plant thing that's plastic and that's where they usually hide, a cave thing thats pretty big(but my fish don't usually go inside) and a small lava rock. I think that's it. They are set to the side so there a big wide gap between them for fish that like the open.

Tags
attacking, sunburt wag and guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com