Sunset Gourami Aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicmarymac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been giving some thought to rehoming my four Sunset Gourami even though they are very "personable" and interactive. The problem is they seem to be invading the space of my favorites, the Albino Cories. This came about this weekend when I saw two baby cories toddling around and the SGs were right there hunting them down.

I haven't seen outright aggression, but definitely some pushiness.

Thank you,

Mary

Aqueon 36 Gallon Bow Front Kit with AquaFlow 30 Power filter, Emperor Bio Wheel 280 power filter, thermometer. Planted.

4 Sunset/Fire/Honey Gourami
7 Raspbora
11 Neon
1 Cardinal
5 Albino cory

Hello Mary,

Many times fish will "hover" over cories hoping to get tid bits of food as it is swept by the current when they rummage through the gravel. Could this be happening?

David

Not only to what was said before but how large are your babies? Also how big is your tank? I'm actually surprized you aren't having aggression issues with 4 Honey's in your tank.

Hello Mary,

Many times fish will "hover" over cories hoping to get tid bits of food as it is swept by the current when they rummage through the gravel. Could this be happening?

David

Thank you for responding.

That could be. I guess I just have not seen that before. The Sunsets certainly are interested in gobbling down both the algae wafers and shrimp pellets that are "intended" for the Cory cats.

Not only to what was said before but how large are your babies? Also how big is your tank? I'm actually surprized you aren't having aggression issues with 4 Honey's in your tank.

Thank you for your response.

The tank is 36 gallons, and two babies were nearly a half of an inch long.

The male is a Flame Dwarf Gourami and the Honey's are all male, females are dull compared to the males more vivid coloring. Those Honey's are much too vividly colored to be females.

All Males (sigh)

The male is a Flame Dwarf Gourami and the Honey's are all male, females are dull compared to the males more vivid coloring. Those Honey's are much too vividly colored to be females.

Poo. :(

Well I guess I will take them all to the LFS as the one really nice "male" is just tooooo interested in what the cories are doing for my comfort level.

Thank you!
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom