Sunsun 4-Stage External Canister Filter with 9-watt UV Sterilizer Vs. Fluval 406

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know you get what you pay for, especially in this hobby. So my question is SunSun v. Fluval 406 canister filter, which would you choose? Im leaning towards the Fluval it just seems like a better product, but i could get 2 Sunsun for the price of one FLuval, let me know your thoughts.

I've been running that sunsun for a couple months, no complaints here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fluval. I dont care about money. My tanks mean too much to me.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fluval. I dont care about money. My tanks mean too much to me.

So what's the selling point? Why is it worth the extra money?

So what's the selling point? Why is it worth the extra money?

Quality and customer support. Sunsun is made with cheaper bits.

It works, but there are better options out there if money isn't a huge issue.

Quality and customer support. Sunsun is made with cheaper bits.

It works, but there are better options out there if money isn't a huge issue.

Customer support huh? I received my order over a month ago yet "rising loon" updated my shipping information a few days ago haha. I know fluval means business, i have a few of their filters;) just wanted a little more elaborating from sea.. is all. It's like the fully loaded Toyota vs lexus.. same parts mostly.. differnt price tag.

Quality of filter(parts and plastic), more flow at lower watts, comes with better media. (Alhough this can be changed), should be better customer support although not always the case, more proven track record (leaks and completely break down)etc etc stuff like that. Spending more money does not always mean better, but for my fish im just too scared to take a risk. Just my personal view.

For example, on my big sunsun the handles broke the first time I tried opening it.

Back
Top Bottom