Super Excited - 10g Cycled, 46g almost there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
I did my water test today on my 10g - 0 ammonia, 0 nitrIte, 5-10 nitrAte. Will continue to monitor the next few days to be sure but it appears that after 3-1/2 weeks it's cycled! My 46g had a small trace of ammonia, 0 nitrIte, 5-10 nitrAte so it is almost there! I will be so glad to get them on a water change schedule.

It's been 3 and 1/2 weeks here with a trace of ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates. Maybe I'm doing the nitrate test wrong. Do you have seeded material?

Sillyfishies said:
It's been 3 and 1/2 weeks here with a trace of ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates. Maybe I'm doing the nitrate test wrong. Do you have seeded material?

I started from scratch doing a fish in cycle. Are you using the API Master Kit to test your water? Make sure you really shake that #2 bottle & shake it good, hit it on the palm of your hand if need be. I tested my tap water & it even has nitrAtes. Are you doing a fish in or fish less cycle? I did use stability the 1st week per bottle instructions which was supposed to help move things along, some people say it doesn't really help but I had already used so i went with it.

I'm doing fish in from scratch using the API master test kit. It looked like it had some orange in it last time I did it. Hopefully it is. I'll try again tm. Wish me luck.

Sillyfishies said:
I'm doing fish in from scratch using the API master test kit. It looked like it had some orange in it last time I did it. Hopefully it is. I'll try again tm. Wish me luck.

Good luck. ;-) it'll happen it just takes longer for some.

False alarm. Ammonia .5 nitrite 0 nitrate 0. You lucky duck. Ur cycled before I have nitrites :p!

Hmmm, you should've shown nitrites & nitrates by now I would think. I had all 3 pretty early on and it's only been in the last week or so the nitrItes disappered. My Ammonia pretty much stayed at .25 but I did 50% water changes basically every other day to keep the fish safe. Are you sure your test kit isn't faultly? Have you taken a sample to your LFS just for a comparison. Have you tested your tap water just to see what its at? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm really surprised you have no nitrAtes. :fish2:

Last time I had it tested at the LFS 7 days ago. It was .25 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate. I'm disappointed.

That just seems strange to me but I'm no expert since I've only been in this for about 6 months. Have you posted a thread and asked others on this forum? I'd be curious what they have to say.

Back
Top Bottom