Super Jumbo Marimo USA Source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have an LFS or a Petwhatever near you? The big box stores and my LFS all carry moss balls. Also, there are some sells on Ebay that have some good deals. May be worth checking that out.

I bought some that size from my local pet supermarket which is a southern pet store chain . I had bought a half dozen of them. My store normally doesn't stock them but I asked the store manager if he could order some for me , which he did and they were huge. I have had them over a year and mine came into the store last September or October last year. I have never seen them in any store that big before or since and are the size of a good sized orange, bigger than a baseball. They sold them to me as unpotted plants for 2.99 each. I just roll them gently squish them then roll them in my palms like making meatballs. Alison

Name of source?

I bought some that size from my local pet supermarket which is a southern pet store chain . I had bought a half dozen of them. My store normally doesn't stock them but I asked the store manager if he could order some for me , which he did and they were huge. I have had them over a year and mine came into the store last September or October last year. I have never seen them in any store that big before or since and are the size of a good sized orange, bigger than a baseball. They sold them to me as unpotted plants for 2.99 each. I just roll them gently squish them then roll them in my palms like making meatballs. Alison

Would you happen to remember the NAME and/or phone number of the person that was able to get these super jumbo Marimo Moss Balls for you?:)

Han Aquatics

Etsy

Ebay

Bob's Tropical Plants

Since you're looking for specific sizes I would try contacting these sellers. I've bought both plants and aquarium supplies from Han, never had any problems.

I've been shopping on Etsy for 3 years now with no issues.

I find Ebay to be the most chancy. Again, read seller's feedback, ask questions.

Bob's is reliable; I've purchased plants, fish, and shrimp from him quite a few times.

Good luck!

How did you make out. Did you get the PM that I sent you Alison
Yes I got the PM. Thank you! I was able to find an excellent source of supply for a "Jumbo Marimo Moss Ball' on Amazon from the seller "Substrate Source" located in California (phone # 1-818-921-6341). They shipped me a baseball sized (3+ inch diameter) moss ball for a total cost of just $15.15, which included shipping. For that same size moss ball, the Malaysian supplier wanted $250 USD + shipping charges!!! I couldn't be more satisfied. I am now growing it under an LED TaoTronics 24 watt plant grow light using distilled water, with a little club soda added and a couple drops of API CO2 Booster added each day.

I hope that this information may help others who are looking for the Jumbo sized moss balls.:)

Yes I got the PM. Thank you! I was able to find an excellent source of supply for a "Jumbo Marimo Moss Ball' on Amazon from the seller "Substrate Source" located in California (phone # 1-818-921-6341). They shipped me a baseball sized (3+ inch diameter) moss ball for a total cost of just $15.15, which included shipping. For that same size moss ball, the Malaysian supplier wanted $250 USD + shipping charges!!! I couldn't be more satisfied. I am now growing it under an LED TaoTronics 24 watt plant grow light using distilled water, with a little club soda added and a couple drops of API CO2 Booster added each day.

I hope that this information may help others who are looking for the Jumbo sized moss balls.:)

I ordered some branched cholla pieces from Substrate Source, good seller!

Back
Top Bottom