Super skinny loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Kuhli loach looks great to me. Females are rounder and plumper than males, so maybe this one is a male? Is it eating and acting normal?

That definitely does not look normal... Are you sure it's a kuhli loach?
I've never seen one that long and skinny before, but as long as it's eating and active it's probably ok. Now that I'm looking at google images, I'm seeing a lot that look like that. I guess my LFS just has a shorter fatter strain haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I only have a couple like this most of my other ones are fat and shorter. Most of the skinnier ones were found in the canister filter :-/ but we have fixed that problem. I started with 14 but I think I'm down to just five or so. A bunch died because of the Nasty water getting sent back from the filter and we found 4 in the filter I think who knows if there were more that had been rotting so long they disappeared. I'm debating getting more, but they're so hard to feed. Idk what they eat. We tried the sinking algae wafers, zucchini extra fish food, live mosquito larva. I'm not sure I've ever seen them eat. They come out on brine shrimp day but I've never seen them actually catch one.

Sent from my iPhone

They're super easy to feed, they'll eat anything!
Do you have enough hiding places for them? They like lots of driftwood and rocks. Just drop in a wafer (or anything) after the lights are out and they'll come out to get it. Mine eat flakes, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, frozen food, vegetables, freeze dried food, anything I put in there really. Even when I feed during the day, as soon as they smell it they'll frantically come put of their holes sniffing around for any bits or pieces left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom