Surprise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my 10 gallon only had 1 tiger barb left and 1 Otocinclus so I decided to move the barb and since ghost shrimp are only 39¢ each I got 8 of them and added them in.

Only to my surprise when I saw this...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423707285.950038.jpg

She's pregnant! I'm in shock ?

Does anyone have any tips for when they hatch if they actually do?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423707369.070145.jpg

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick is fixed!
~75g new community tank.

I haven't kept ghost shrimp, but I do have cherry shrimp, I'm not sure if they have the same requirements. What I would do is just make sure the babies have plenty of hiding places. I would recommend java moss, they seem to love it.

I haven't kept ghost shrimp, but I do have cherry shrimp, I'm not sure if they have the same requirements. What I would do is just make sure the babies have plenty of hiding places. I would recommend java moss, they seem to love it.

Got it ? I'll find some to add

Caleb

~10g ghost shrimp
~45g ick is fixed! White skirt tetras.
~75g NEW! dojo loach, 5 black Skirt Tetras, 5 cherry barbs, live plants

Ghost shrimp don't reproduce like cherry shrimp. The young go through a larval stage, and they require green water to survive. Look up breeding and raising ghost shrimp on Google;)

Fishobsessed7

Mine is pregnant too! What I have done is I've placed her in a separate tank after I waited for the eggs to get fertilized and I'm making green water right now! It's just water with free floating algae and phytoplankton so the larvae can eat it when they hatch. I've heard they're very very hard to keep alive but we can only do our best right? ? Just watch for little black eyes forming in the eggs and that means the larvae are almost done forming :)

•22 gal zebra danio, 75 gal red ear slider•

Back
Top Bottom