Surprise, I'm a peppered cory fry grandma!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know...... all of my amano shrimp are named Jacques. Maybe I'll just hold true to form and call all of my cory fry Squirt. :cool:

That picture is so adorable. How lucky you are!!! I absolutely love cories. Subscribing for future updates :p

Here's Squirt, pic was taken last night...... he's got that wonderful green iridescent thing going on.... I just love that! And does he really have blue eyes? Sure looks that way to me.

Attachments

• squirt.jpg
    squirt.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 73
I did not interfere with nature with my eggs. Squirt and Squirt Jr both made it on their own.

I know my assassin snails run up the tank walls to eat the eggs if left on the walls, but if the corys leave the eggs in the java moss, they tend to be okay. I'm hoping for more. (y)

LyndaB said:
I did not interfere with nature with my eggs. Squirt and Squirt Jr both made it on their own.

I know my assassin snails run up the tank walls to eat the eggs if left on the walls, but if the corys leave the eggs in the java moss, they tend to be okay. I'm hoping for more. (y)

Ahh I may need to get some java moss in the tank then. The eggs that get left get fungus on them :(

I'll have to post a pic of my tank. I have java moss up high in the branches of a stump. That's where some of the eggs get left, but then I've got a little bit of java moss down on the substrate and that is where the Squirts hid out once they hatched. That was their "den". ;)

Got a pic of Squirt with an adult last night, for size reference. Sorry for lack of clarity and the angle, I was shooting really fast around the corner of the tank. :lol:

Attachments

• squirt and friend.jpg
    squirt and friend.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 75
Awesome pic! have you the slightest clue which one(s) are the parents?He looks like a chip off the ol' block in that one.

Actually, those two happen to be different species. Squirt is a peppered cory. The one in the photo is a loxo.

I have 4 peppered adults, so not sure who the baby momma or baby daddy is..... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom