Surviving RCS :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
So a while back, I posted a question about my RCS being consumed by their tankmates, and I thought that I had lost all of them (about 15).

Well during a water change this weekend, I came across a live baby RCS, so I've got at least a male/female pair in there, but they're hidden away. Too bad, since they are fun to watch, but the swordtails and rainbows tried to nip him.

Will adding more plants (what type) help in getting them out into the viewable area of the tank, but offer protection from the fish?

I don't have RCS, I have ghost shrimp. I never see mine unless I'm messing with my tank. I have some rocks stacked to make small caves.

Yeah, I think they've climbed inside the little nooks and crannies in the rockwork, but the kids love watching them...I'll see what I can do for them.

That means I'd have to find and catch them, then set up *another* tank. Although I do have a breeding box for this tank, that would just tease the fish and torture the shrimp.

It's not that it's difficult, but I have no place for another tank (already have 4).

That and my wife would probably divorce me ;-)

I will leave them be and see if they make more appearances, but it's been *months* since I'd seen one, so this is refreshing.

I totally understand, I think I'm getting a tank today, I don't tell my wife I just show up at home with a new tank.

Yeah, I did that.

It didn't end well. :) (the tank is still in the house, though)

Back
Top Bottom