Suspected White spot on Blackmoor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently noticed that my black moor has some white patches on his tail. They are not small spots as he has had white spot before, but rather larger sized patches of a white/pale blue. He’s alway had that kind of colouring in his crevices, but wanted to make sure he doesn’t have white spot. Any input is appreciated. PS he’s always had a wonky tail [emoji846]IMG_2666.jpgIMG_0001.jpg

Hello, a black moor should have hints of bronzes in coloring.
When upgrading 29-55gal 2×fantails,1×moor, 2×dojo loach I suffered a mini cycle. I only realized this when moor started turing bluish grey.
Good bet its water quality. I would test then do 50%water change at first then 25%every 2 days. See if color changes back. Water should test 0 ammonia,0 nitrites & below 40nitrate.
A moor min tank sz is 20gal for 1 & 10gal each additional. Its temp should be 62-72°. It would be good idea to feed peas, cucumber or anacharis plant(some type ruffage in diet) to elevate swimming issues that might occur. (Gobble in 1.5gal qt)Hope this helps you. gobble%20turk.jpg

Your Fancy Goldfish

I recently noticed that my black moor has some white patches on his tail. They are not small spots as he has had white spot before, but rather larger sized patches of a white/pale blue. He’s alway had that kind of colouring in his crevices, but wanted to make sure he doesn’t have white spot. Any input is appreciated. PS he’s always had a wonky tail [emoji846]View attachment 312930View attachment 312931

Hello Lilly...

If you've always kept the tank water clean with large, weekly water changes, and feed a balanced diet and used standard aquarium salt in the new, treated tap water, you have nothing to worry about. If the fish is eating enthusiastically and is active, this is likely a color change some Goldfish go through.

B

Hello Lilly...

If you've always kept the tank water clean with large, weekly water changes, and feed a balanced diet and used standard aquarium salt in the new, treated tap water, you have nothing to worry about. If the fish is eating enthusiastically and is active, this is likely a color change some Goldfish go through.

B

Awesome!! Thx so much, wanted to check it was normal [emoji846]

Hello, a black moor should have hints of bronzes in coloring.
When upgrading 29-55gal 2×fantails,1×moor, 2×dojo loach I suffered a mini cycle. I only realized this when moor started turing bluish grey.
Good bet its water quality. I would test then do 50%water change at first then 25%every 2 days. See if color changes back. Water should test 0 ammonia,0 nitrites & below 40nitrate.
A moor min tank sz is 20gal for 1 & 10gal each additional. Its temp should be 62-72°. It would be good idea to feed peas, cucumber or anacharis plant(some type ruffage in diet) to elevate swimming issues that might occur. (Gobble in 1.5gal qt)Hope this helps you. View attachment 312932

Thx, he’s never been pure black but just wanted to make sure he’s ok [emoji846]

Back
Top Bottom