switching betta in a 10g with 4 guppys in 36g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10g with only a male betta crown tail and a 36g with 4 guppys, 8 neon tetras and 4 cory cats.

I would like to move the betta into the 36g and the 4 guppys into the 10g.

would the 10g be big enough for the 4 gupys? and would the betta be "ok" with the tetras in the 36g?

the reason I want to move the betta into the 36g is the water flow in the 10g caused by the pump might be too much for him. he has been in the 10g for 8 months. he seems happy and healthy

You can add a sponge to the current filter intake on the 10g and even add some filter floss in the filter to slow the flow down. On our little filters you can adjust the flow via a turn knob on the top so be sure to check your filter to see if that option is available.

Now for your question, yes the 4 guppies will fit in the 10g with no other fish but they probably won't be too happy. And yes the betta will be fine in the big tank but the tank is going to look awefully empty AND you will have to watch to be sure the Betta doesn't try going after and killing the neons. It will all depend on the temperment of the Betta. IMO were it me, I'd find a way to lower the flow in the 10g and keep everyone happy where they are.

Back
Top Bottom