switching dwarf puffer with either figure 8 or gsp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
because instead of 2 small puffers i was wondering if i could get a fig 8 or gsp in there. is there a freshwater gsp? because all the pics ive seen of fig8's are like black or dark color of some sort but the ones at the store are like yellowish (like a big dwarf puffer). or like 1 gsp in there. because i bought 1 dwarf puffer for 1.99 and the other 1 for 5.99. but since i might be selling it back to that store ill get 5.99 back.

more like that one
65318567OBnFji_ph.jpg

instead of this one

kulfisk2.jpg

The only FW that I know of that would resemble a GSP or a figure 8 is a SA puffer- which is FW. The other two are brackish. Is this a species tank?

oh... forgot it was a 5 gallon :'(. so i probally cant fit any of those. err wait. SA puffers dont get very big do they?

my puffers were lazy so i was gonna take em back and wanted to get 1 bigger puffer that'll like tear the snails apart that i put in there and not have to crush them. i want some more action. but i am restricted by my 5 gallon tank :'(

Healthy dwarf puffers are not lazy & should eat your snails, if they're small enough. Did you cycle the tank, before adding the puffers?

yeah i did. i mean. i have to crush the snails. and like i wanted more agressive puffers. but nvm

I consider the dwarfs to be pretty aggressive, so maybe if you put some live worms in there you would see it - but I have seen them go after each other and though I knew what they were capable of it is rather dramatic! I hope you never see that kind of aggression - I am assuming you want to see a little more action at feeding time.

yeah... they arent not agressive by any means. they'll tear a guppy apart. just... i want more of a chase around the tank nomatter what instead of if it comes near me ill bite you kinda attitude. i decided to return the puffers and put like 2-3 pandas and 4-5 neons.

Back
Top Bottom