Swordtail or Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robcurry12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I picked up what I thought was a platy for my tank. She is very pretty and I noticed a little more slender than my other two platys but I thought "eh probably just a variation". However as I watched her swim with my other platys I noticed just how much more slender she is and she is slightly more aggressive. I have some very nice chemistry going on in my tank and I'd like to avoid rocking the boat so to speak. So my question is a two parter.

1. Is this fish a platy or a female swordtail?

2. Are female swordtails as aggressive as their male counterparts? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462686569.109429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could you get a more in focus picture? As far as I know female swordtails act just like female platies. At least mine does.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Could you get a more in focus picture? As far as I know female swordtails act just like female platies. At least mine does.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462688517.990554.jpg

I've been finding mixed reviews on female swordtails right now and yeah sorry about that. Every time I tried to get a good picture she moved. Someone's camera shy:p here is a better one I think

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd say its a female swordtail. Beautiful markings.

Back
Top Bottom