Synching Lighting, CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kunthan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

As of Now my pressurized Co2 and 4T5X54W Are running from Mornning 8:00AM to 1:00 PM and From 6:00PM to 9:00PM in total it is runs for 8 hours. Should i need to increase the light hours ????

I have having Issue with Algae like Spot algae & Cladophora algae & Hair Algae. I just noticed it is growing only on side as the water flow is less, So planning to add a one more wave maker to address this.

And Read on the Internet some one advisng to turn of the CO2 a hour before the lights or turned on, Can Help will it offer ?

Currently i am dosing with JBL NPK once a week , Excel & Florish every alternate days and JBL Ferropol 24 alternate week for my 90G tank.

Please Advise.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

The premixed fertilizers arent adequate for much higher than low light tanks. You will need to look into a better fertilizer regimen. I would suggest either pps pro or estimative index.

The excel you are dosing needs to be dosed daily as it breaks down in about 12 hours or so.

I would also suggest looking into a drop checker to make sure youre hitting adequate co2 levels.

For example my timed routine is:
11:00am - co2 on
12:00pm - lights on
4:00pm - lights off
8:00pm lights on
11:00pm co2 off
12:00am lights off

The light siesta (period in the middle with lights off) supposedly helps cut down on algae growth and allows my co2 levels to raise back up to where i want them.

Hi thanks for Replying...

Any view of this light siesta if i modify this way??
07:00 AM - Co2 Turn ON
08:00 AM - Lights Turn On
11:00 AM - Lights Turn Off
06:00 PM - Lights On
09:00 PM - Co2 Turn Off
10:00 PM - Lights Turn Off

Will long break between 11:00AM to 6:00PM cause any problem as ther is lots of CO2 without lights . ( when i come back from office i want my tank to glow till we sleep:)... )

Also i am planning to buy Flourish Iron & Flourish Trace wats your view on this Fez cycle ???

Monday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,JBL NPK
Tuesday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish
Wednesday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish Trace
Thursday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,JBL NPK
Friday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish
Saturday Water Change Day 20 %
Sunday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish Trace

Is it advisable to increase light duration to 10hrs ??? any view on how to make water circulation perfect ???

Sorry for tomany question as i am still a new bee on planted tank world , still learning, and more and more i search internet more confusing it is :( BTW my Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' are started creping... and other plants grow well too, only alge is issue :(

Hi thanks for Replying...

Any view of this light siesta if i modify this way??
07:00 AM - Co2 Turn ON
08:00 AM - Lights Turn On
11:00 AM - Lights Turn Off
06:00 PM - Lights On
09:00 PM - Co2 Turn Off
10:00 PM - Lights Turn Off

Will long break between 11:00AM to 6:00PM cause any problem as ther is lots of CO2 without lights . ( when i come back from office i want my tank to glow till we sleep:)... )

It could, it all depends on how well the co2 dissolves in your tank and how it outgasses.

Also i am planning to buy Flourish Iron & Flourish Trace wats your view on this Fez cycle ???

Monday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,JBL NPK
Tuesday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish
Wednesday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish Trace
Thursday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,JBL NPK
Friday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish
Saturday Water Change Day 20 %
Sunday Flourish Excel,Flourish Iron,Flourish Trace

The flourish Iron is really not necessary as long as you have a good type of fertilizer. Check out these links. They will save you money and allow you to customize your fertilizers. In particular, you will not be dumping the extra nitrates into the water that the JBL is giving you. I'm pretty sure this site ships overseas, just don't buy the potassium nitrate... It's used for making bombs and the authorities might not like it. As long as you have a nitrate level over 10 you don't need it anyways.

Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Main, Basic Macro Micro Nutrients,

To do pps pro dosing you will need:
Magnesium Sulfate
Potassium Sulfate
Mono Potassium Phosphate
Plantex CSM + B

A pound of each of these will last you a very very very long time. The plantex yields about 5.5 liters of solution and you dose 1ml / 10g daily. For a 75g tank that's 750 days of dosing for $16

Here's a guide to PPS Pro
Newbie Guide to PPS-Pro - PPS Analysis and Feedback - Aquatic Plant Central

Is it advisable to increase light duration to 10hrs ??? any view on how to make water circulation perfect ???

Longer lighting times give algae more of a chance to grow. 6 hours daily is what is commonly recommended. I use the long siesta period to give me 8 hours of light. I probably wouldn't go over that.

Back
Top Bottom