Syphon Advice Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incogneto21

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have an Aqueon Syphon and it works great for big particles, but not great for small particles. After I'm done I still notice that there are probably hundreds of small particles floating around. Any advice for this?

Good filtration on the order of 4-6 times tank volume per hour is the only dependable way to get the tiny "floaties". Of course the filter needs a good mechanical filtering media in it capable of capturing them. You can get filtering pad material in 50 and 100 micron removal capabilities. OS.

Good filtration on the order of 4-6 times tank volume per hour is the only dependable way to get the tiny "floaties". Of course the filter needs a good mechanical filtering media in it capable of capturing them. You can get filtering pad material in 50 and 100 micron removal capabilities. OS.

And what pads would these be? Which company makes them?

I think all the major filter brands offer polishing pads for their filters. They're also several off brand cut to fit materials listed on Amazon. But Petsmart and Petco should have something also.
OS.

Back
Top Bottom