Tadpole Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dantenz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was wondering if any one can help me. I have just 3 tadpoles and all they do is seem to lay on the bottom of the tank and not move that much. Was wondering if there was anything that I can do for them. Also how often do I clean out there tank that they are in.. First time tadpole owner and don't want to do anything to harm them in any way.
Thank You[/b]

whistling tree frogs they do at times swim around and are very active. when they do lie there they lie on there sides. Also how often should I clean out there tank. As I said I am new to this and don't want to harm them.

they have a pump no filter 1 oxyweed plant gravel and they are the only things in there. the tank is 64mm x 34mm

Tadpoles have gills just like regular fish so you have to treat them like fish and keep the water conditions right. I suggest you put a filter in the tank and also make sure you dechlorinate the water when doing water changes because most people with tadpoles forget about that (if you don't it will burn the tadpoles' lungs and they will suffocate).

Also make sure you have something in the tank where the tadpoles can leave the water when they need to (they don't stay tadpoles forever).

I use to keep bullfrog tadpoles. They where great. they did the same thing where they would just lay in the same spot for a long time doing nothing then sometimes they would be swimming around. (then they became bullfrogs) I kept them in an outside pond.

Back
Top Bottom