Taking fish out for pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PilotGav

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm blown away by all the pics I'm seeing on Instagram of fish laying in the palms of their owners while the owners take pictures of them.

Am I wrong in thinking this is horrible for the fish??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I would think it is.. Plus the salts and anything else on your hands could harm the fish by damaging slime coat.

I take pictures of my fish in the tank. Only take them out if there's a very specific reason to such as disease.

Caleb

Step 1, delete Instagram. Step 2, don't pick up Pintrest, either. There's a lot of dumb there.

Step 1, delete Instagram. Step 2, don't pick up Pintrest, either. There's a lot of dumb there.

I use Instagram everyday to help new owners with disease and questions they have.

4500 fishy followers and half of them are new owners seeking guidance and advice. There is always the ignorant few(and I've gone head to head with them) but many are new and need help.

It's a great outreach to the younger fish community that might not be old enough to join here or are not allowed to sign up to websites.

I have a link in my bio on Instagram that sends people straight to the homepage of this forum if there's a question I can't answer.

Caleb

I use Instagram everyday to help new owners with disease and questions they have.

4500 fishy followers and half of them are new owners seeking guidance and advice. There is always the ignorant few(and I've gone head to head with them) but many are new and need help.

It's a great outreach to the younger fish community that might not be old enough to join here or are not allowed to sign up to websites.

I have a link in my bio on Instagram that sends people straight to the homepage of this forum if there's a question I can't answer.

Caleb

Caleb you're doing the fish lords work. I'd get into a screaming match with every idiot :lol:

Caleb you're doing the fish lords work. I'd get into a screaming match with every idiot :lol:

Trust me dude... There's a few on there too dumb to insult.. Breaking far beyond ethical boundaries. Just gotta ignore them and help the ones that want to learn :)

Caleb

If you handle a fish to roughly or with dry hands you'll strip the slime coat leaving them prone to infection. I've caught bass with infected hand prints on them.. no joke..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Trust me dude... There's a few on there too dumb to insult.. Breaking far beyond ethical boundaries. Just gotta ignore them and help the ones that want to learn :)

Caleb

I would see too many clown loaches in small tanks and snap...

On topic, don't take fish out of water! Seems kinda common sense! ;)

Caleb

What's your Instagram, Caleb? I'll go check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm glad you were prodded into sharing that info! Pretty sure you're getting some backup now :D

Back
Top Bottom