Taking Fish Tanks to College

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can easily keep 10 per gallon in any sized aquarium. So that's appropriate.

Well I can regularly on AquaBid find like 15 for 20$ with free shipping. Or occasionally, a low on the radar auction which sells for like $5 with $12 shipping.

I'd say 15 is a perfect start for any tank. But if you're doing a 10g I'd say start with 20-30.

MABJ said:
You can easily keep 10 per gallon in any sized aquarium. So that's appropriate.

Well I can regularly on AquaBid find like 15 for 20$ with free shipping. Or occasionally, a low on the radar auction which sells for like $5 with $12 shipping.

I'd say 15 is a perfect start for any tank. But if you're doing a 10g I'd say start with 20-30.

Oh ok awesome I'll just have to hope for a good deal lol
And can the 10 per gallon be for ghost shrimp too?

I don't exactly know, but I know if you get ghosts, you can't have other dwarf shrimp. Ghosts are violent. But ghosts are a good choice, they are inexpensive and actually eat fish poop, no it isn't a rumor.

They're unfortunately considered food by most fish.

I've for a long time wanted to do a 20 gal long with Indian glass fish, ghost catfish and ghost shrimp.

With a dark substrate and some kind of lush bright green planted scape and a few black baseball cap nerites.

Too many ideas. Lol.

To answer the questions, they're a little bit bigger, so I'd say a few less per gallon.

MABJ said:
I don't exactly know, but I know if you get ghosts, you can't have other dwarf shrimp. Ghosts are violent. But ghosts are a good choice, they are inexpensive and actually eat fish poop, no it isn't a rumor.

They're unfortunately considered food by most fish.

I've for a long time wanted to do a 20 gal long with Indian glass fish, ghost catfish and ghost shrimp.

With a dark substrate and some kind of lush bright green planted scape and a few black baseball cap nerites.

Too many ideas. Lol.

To answer the questions, they're a little bit bigger, so I'd say a few less per gallon.

Yeah I didn't plan on putting them with the RCS I just have around 6 in my 10 gallon and wanted to see my limit
That's actually an awesome idea I never would've thought of that lol and I have two empty 25s laying around lol
But I think ill just add 4 more 1 per gallon

Maybe! Ghost cats get pretty big, they fill out a tank quick. I think a shoal of them would just look incredible.

A clear with a hint of black tank would look cool lol. Thanks for liking it ;p.

I'm sticking to shrimp, and I'm downgrading my 5gal to a 2gal. Just found a Fluval Spec for $40 shipped. I'm going to jump on the offer I think.

MABJ said:
Maybe! Ghost cats get pretty big, they fill out a tank quick. I think a shoal of them would just look incredible.

A clear with a hint of black tank would look cool lol. Thanks for liking it ;p.

I'm sticking to shrimp, and I'm downgrading my 5gal to a 2gal. Just found a Fluval Spec for $40 shipped. I'm going to jump on the offer I think.

Yeah very true a shoal would be good
And no prob I might take that idea up and make it lol
For that price and shipping I definitely would perfect 2 gal

You're free to do it! Just carve my initials in the moss ;D. Jk.

Let me know if you do though. The catfish like strong currents, ghosties don't mind them.

And I know >_< it's an all in one.

MABJ said:
You're free to do it! Just carve my initials in the moss ;D. Jk.

Let me know if you do though. The catfish like strong currents, ghosties don't mind them.

And I know >_< it's an all in one.

Lmao
And ill probably buy a larger filter than just a normal 25 gal so I think it should produce a good current
Yeah I googled and saw some pics it's a real nice tank

Back
Top Bottom