talking yoyos or am i mad????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millym

Aquarium Advice Regular
i read somewhere that clown loaches quite often make a clicking noise & while watching one of our yoyos feasting on a food tablet today i noticed he seemed to be making a clicking noise???!!! im sure it wasnt him moving the gravel against the glass. is this possible or am i imagining things 8O

Heh, very possible. Both my clowns and yoyos click, usually when I put algae wafers in the tank. Sounds like Stomp sometimes LOL

My YoYo loaches click like fiends when they're going after algae wafers!! Interestingly enough they don't seem to click a whole lot when they're eating bloodworms or tubifex worms.

I'm almost glad I have fish that make no noise.

since I have 3 of my tanks in my bedroom, all of which are within 7 feet of my head, I don't think I'd like it much :p

Have you given em algae wafers or zucchini Sati? If not, try em, you may be surprised *grin*

Alli, the little pig gets Hikari algae wafers and sinking wafers every single night! He's the lone loach, but he's got spunk and he's my favorite fish. You think he'd talk to me :x

Oh, and he didn't like the cucumber I gave him.

Ahhh, hes the only one? That may be why; while there is NO research documentation on how or why loaches click, *I* think they do it when claiming food from each other. And no reason to do that if there isn't another loach trying to steal it *grin* I have 6 in my tanks - theres a LOT of clicking that goes on sometimes LOL

Allivymar said:
Ahhh, hes the only one? That may be why; while there is NO research documentation on how or why loaches click, *I* think they do it when claiming food from each other. And no reason to do that if there isn't another loach trying to steal it *grin* I have 6 in my tanks - theres a LOT of clicking that goes on sometimes LOL

Yes, he's the only loach. I got him many, many years ago and he has TONS of personality. He is pretty territorial and I've read that his species isn't into schooling like other loaches. Who knows because I'd love to get more but I have never again seen them in a fish store...

I have heard that there is a lot of audio communication going on between fish that we with our human ears miss out on.

I know some cichlids make noises at each other by grinding/snapping their second jaws.

First time my clowns started clicking I thought the tank was cracking it was so loud... then I remembered the clowns did that ^_^ Glad it was them and not the tank lol.

my lone loach clicks! he does it when other fish are near him, when he's alone, feeding, diggin about. he's little and not that loud (good, since he's near my bed), but he's a prolific clicker. my boyfriend was kinda freaked when he first heard, now he's kinda attached to him

*giggles*

The clicking is weird enough, but its the napping like the dead that kills me. I am SO glad I researched clowns and yoyos before I bought them. Otherwise I'd have freaked the first time I saw one of my guys laying motionless on his side LOL

thanks for your answers everyone :D
ally ... we also freaked out the first time our first loach snuggled down on his side for a rest!!!!!! we thought he was sick or worse & stuck our algae scraper in the tank near him to see if he was still living.............he scooted off sharpish with a very disgruntled look on his face. :D :D [/quote]

Back
Top Bottom