Tall Hex Set-Up seggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaRob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I have a Hex that I want to start setting up soon but have been wracking my brain as to what way to go with it. I wish I had the deminsion to hand out or at least the gallons but Im at work right now.

My goal is to have a complete planted tank to support angels, and maybe a few other species.

My concern is aquascaping, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to build a nice aquascape in such a tall aquarium.
Things I do want are:
1. Lots of green
2. Driftwood.

Also filter and lighting problems. What would be the best methods for both for such a deep tank with my goal in mind?

Im not even gonna debate fishload until everything else is done and running.

Again maybe Angels are not the best fish for this project, Im open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Not sure how close your size is to my 44g corner tank, but I have some similar challenges.

I went with a couple of pieces of driftwood that are taller than wide, then basically anchored most of my plants to the driftwood with the exception of my anacharis which I still don't really know what to do with, so it's floating. I've also got java fern and anubias barteri so I stuck with stock lighting. I am by no means skilled in aquascaping though, so others might have better suggestions.

For my filter I'm using an Aquaclear 50 HOB.

As far as my stocking goes, I have 2 marble angels, 4 yoyo loaches and 1 clown pleco. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom