tall tank fish?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what are some fish that do well in tall tank (2feet deep) its a 60g hexagon tank so the swimming space is somewhat limited.

I know some fish need long tanks to provide adequate swimming space, what type of fish would do best swimming vertically rather than horizontal?

Goldfish. My corys go up and down as much or more than side to side. Smaller plecos? And I think rasboras are a quieter species that don't need a lot of length, but I could be wrong.

You could always stack / glue rocks and/or driftwood into a big pillar and go with hoards of smaller fish & inverts. It would be like a freshwater reef. :)

A huge school of chili rasboras, ember tetras, or Celestial Pearl Danios and a huge school of Dwarf Corys would look cool. ^_^

so here is the deal. my tank is already stocked but I want to rehome some of the fish for various reasons.
I don't think I can part with my red velvet sword tails 1m 3f ... my gold dust mollies will be hard to part with as well 1m, 2f, 1 unsexed juvenile ... I had 7 kuhli loaches, 6 were captured by the filter and died ( the intake guard fell off some how, while I was out of town) 1 is missing in action .. I would like to either get more of them or a dojo loach.

I know people have said I could keep neons( which I already have 8in my tank) with angle fish.. but I'm pretty sure the fish I want to keep are not compatible. so I'm not sure what to do! I also have a BN pleco that is also a permanent resident.

any suggestions now?

I think you could keep angelfish with mollies and swordtails no problem in a 60 hex. If anything, the livebearers will just provide the angelfish with free live food. I don't see any incompatibility there as far as behavior/temperament.

Large angels may eat neons.

i currently have 2 large angels and have had rainbow and bala sharks and neon tetras all with them and don't have an issue cause they all swim and different levels. angels stay mostly at the top except at night they seem to go low. and i don't have an aggression issue and have kept them for years that way.. good luck i have a 30 g hexagon..

dsbanderson said:
i currently have 2 large angels and have had rainbow and bala sharks and neon tetras all with them and don't have an issue cause they all swim and different levels. angels stay mostly at the top except at night they seem to go low. and i don't have an aggression issue and have kept them for years that way.. good luck i have a 30 g hexagon..

thank you so much for sharing your eexperience! I think I will give it a shot!

after I rehome some fish on Monday, I think I will purchase some angels

I agree with angels. I have four in a 31 inch deep tank and they love it.

I'd also suggest botias (loaches), like zebras or yoyos, herds of corys, and some of the larger tetras like the black neons, glow light neons, or even some of the dwarf rainbows. While I have regular neon tetras in with mine and have no problems (the angels seem terrified of them) it isn't really a good idea. In a 60 hex, they should have enough space.

Back
Top Bottom