Tank Addict?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DodgeRT

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have my 10g in the bedroom now cycling away. My friend calls up the other day and asks if I want his 30g long as his girlfriend doesnt like the noise?? Whatever....So I moved it in yesterday and everything is going fine, but I fear I may have a disease called.....tank addiction.....I can't seem to stop.....I want more! Someone help before I spend again!!!!! :lol:

Ahh, MTS (multiple tank syndrome). It is very well known. Many members here can understand. My list of tanks include...
110, 55, 30 X's 2, 20, 10 X's 2 and a 6. But, it's great!!

Fluff you don't have MTS you have YCATAHWTMTS!

Your Crazy About The Aquaria Hobby With That Many Tanks Syndrom

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Egads...it's becoming an epidemic! Dodge...you are aware there is no known cure correct? The only treatment available is to constantly post the progress of all your tanks. This will bring a feeling of relief. The other is to talk other hobbists into sharing the experience.

Good luck.

Ive been waiting for the tank to settle down from the move and then I will post pictures of it, maybe that will help for the time being. Although I feel an urge to go the fish store and buy something, it doesnt really matter what it is, I....just......need.....to.....spend......

Hi my name is David and Im a tank addict.
Hi Dave
Its been 24hrs since my last purchase and I feel the need already
Calm down Dave, take a deep breath....

According to the well known Aquatic scientist Dr. Ineed Justonemoretank, once the syndrome has progressed to this level, the patient must post pics, visit LFS's and surf all things aquatic for a least 18 hours a day.

And then you have.....(insert drumroll here)......
Toirtis!! with 45 tanks! Yours goes much deeper than MTS.
And, don't even try to tell me there isn't a tooth fairy. Next thing you know, you'll be trying to tell me there's no Santa, or Easter Bunny. Geez. :roll:

There, there fluff...not to worry. Toirtis, by virtue of having UBMTS (Unbelievable Multi Tank Syndrome) and 2,000 + gallons of water to go with it, has inadvertently confirmed the existence of not only Santa Claus and the tooth fairy but also these guys as well"

Easter Bunny
The Great Pumpkin
Peter Pan
Goldilocks

and a host of others. :D

Although I feel an urge to go the fish store and buy something, it doesnt really matter what it is, I....just......need.....to.....spend......

Dodge- I sympathize with you and share your pain. I too am a tank addict. The feeling of NEEDING to go to the lfs and buy something doesn't go away. Even after you buy something, you still need more. But you have nothing else to get, so what do you do? Buy another tank so you can visit the store many more times.

You are welcomed into this support group with open arms. :wave:

I broke down!! Where were you guys when I needed you??? I bought an Angel Fish tonight. I couldnt help it, she was smiling at me! I love her, love her, love her....

I really need to get a grip!

Haha, yes, I feel better! She wont come out and smile for the camera yet, but I did manage to get a pic of the new tank up in my gallery.

I want a huge tank!!!! :? I've only got a 24 gallon but I want a huge huge huge tank. Pity, I don't have enough cash cause parents are mooching off my savings account.

Blucat said:
I want a huge tank!!!! :? I've only got a 24 gallon but I want a huge huge huge tank. Pity, I don't have enough cash cause parents are mooching off my savings account.

Define 'huge'. Where I come from (amongst lots of predatory fish people), 'huge' is 750 gallons and up....you need a 750. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom