Tank almost cycled, so excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
We started cycling our 10 gallon tank on September 1st. I haven't checked anything in three days, gave it a little squirt of ammonia two days ago.

Three days ago, the nitrites were high and the ammonia 0 and nitrates low. Today, ammonia 0 and nitrites 0 and nitrates about 80. Gave it 4ppm ammonia. Will test in 24 hours and see how it is going.

Ohhh boy I am so excited! Can't wait to get our little pygmy cory catfishes :D

Yay :D

Which kind? I understand there are three different kinds of pygmy cory cat fish.

Yay! They're all very cute. I guess what kind we get depends on what they have on the day we go. Or, we could pick the kind we want and see if they will order them for us.

Do you have sand in your tank I hope? :) We switched from gravel to sand so that we could have them :)

Nice to hear you got into aquarium keeping! Is this the first tank you have had?

I had a busy week so I haven't had a chance to come on here until now!

This is the first tank I've had. The fishless cycle is a little work to learn at first, but, we have got the hang of it, haven't really had any issues, and if all goes well, we can put our Betta fish back into the 10gallon tank tomorrow! :D

We can't wait to move our betta back into the 10 gallon, give him a few weeks to enjoy it again, then he will go back into his 2g while we have catfish in the tank by themselves and monitor them and make sure they aren't sick or anything.

Back
Top Bottom