Tank by tv???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have a KH test kit ? There's a possibility your KH value is low due to very soft tap water and in these condition, PH can vary fast.

What is your water temperature ? Is your water temperature fluctuating ? When you change your water, do you add dechlorinated water and of the same temperature of the tank ? Remember you can mix hot and cold water to obtain a water almost same temperature of your tank water.

If your fish are dying, it's usually from high fluctuation in temp. and/or PH.

Try to test your water for GH and KH.

KH is easy to adjust with baking soda.

By any chance do you think you've lost them to lack of oxygen?
I know you have an air stone but the pump doesn't sound very strong.

keeping up with the kardashians overdose did them in

By any chance do you think you've lost them to lack of oxygen? I know you have an air stone but the pump doesn't sound very strong.

No I don't think that's it bc I also have 2 filters for this tank. My filters equal out to a 116 gallons of filtration!!!

If it was a lack of oxygen then all of the fish would be gasping at the surface. Try doing a check of the pH at lights out and another right before lights on. If there aren't large swings in that then I would point the finger at an internal bacterial infection.

If it was a lack of oxygen then all of the fish would be gasping at the surface. Try doing a check of the pH at lights out and another right before lights on. If there aren't large swings in that then I would point the finger at an internal bacterial infection.

What types of bacterial infections could it be??? And how do I treat them??

My tank is by my tv. Ive probably lost over 100 fish and close to 500 shrimo this year. Then again they were all feeders for my leaffish..... lol

The only issue I can see with it is if your tv gets very loud. Could be stressfull.

What kind of substrate? Looks like sand.. Do you ever poke or move your substrate around? There could be anaerobic pockets in the substrate from never moving it that could potentially cause you some issues.

What kind of substrate? Looks like sand.. Do you ever poke or move your substrate around? There could be anaerobic pockets in the substrate from never moving it that could potentially cause you some issues.

I don't move it around that often. But my Cory's are always sifting through it.

The anaerobic pickets usually cause a spike in ammonia when they are disturbed but its rare for them to have a noticeable effect.

Imho you really have two choices if you choose to medicate the tank.

The first option is to use general cure. It's an anti parasite medication that is also fairly effective against some bacterial infections. It's also perfectly safe to everything in the tank. If the fish are eating well and dont have white stringy poo then I would probably go with the other option.

The second is an antibiotic. I would suggest maracyn plus. The only problem with this is that if there is an internal parasitic infection then this won't take care of the problem. It will also be cheaper to treat with this. I would take out some of the filter media and keep it in a container of water with some additions of ammonia or fish food to keep the BB going just in case.

While I don't think the tv is the cause of the issues it is a possibility especially if the tv is loud. The way the speakers are angled on TVs project almost all of the sound directly in front of it. While the sound bounces around the room, right in front isn't getting a huge blast.

The anaerobic pickets usually cause a spike in ammonia when they are disturbed but its rare for them to have a noticeable effect.

Imho you really have two choices if you choose to medicate the tank.

The first option is to use general cure. It's an anti parasite medication that is also fairly effective against some bacterial infections. It's also perfectly safe to everything in the tank. If the fish are eating well and dont have white stringy poo then I would probably go with the other option.

The second is an antibiotic. I would suggest maracyn plus. The only problem with this is that if there is an internal parasitic infection then this won't take care of the problem. It will also be cheaper to treat with this. I would take out some of the filter media and keep it in a container of water with some additions of ammonia or fish food to keep the BB going just in case.

While I don't think the tv is the cause of the issues it is a possibility especially if the tv is loud. The way the speakers are angled on TVs project almost all of the sound directly in front of it. While the sound bounces around the room, right in front isn't getting a huge blast.

Just a thought but most new tvs project sound back and it bounces forward. The speakers on most flatscreens are on the back.

Just a thought but most new tvs project sound back and it bounces forward. The speakers on most flatscreens are on the back.

I haven't seen any TVs like that but then again its been 3 years since I even looked at any.

I really can't figure out my tank!!! The last three days I've had 3 harlequin rasboras die!!! They show no signs of disease. They all are eating and swimming all over the tank and schooling at times and have good color but I'll wake up and one is dead. I tested my water this morning and parameters are perfect again!!! The only thing I can think of is that it's my PH. I don't think it is fluctuating but I think it's to high!! It's at about anywhere from 7.6-8.0. I've read that rasboras and a lot of fish like it around 6.0-6.5. Is this true? If it is how do I get my PH lowered?? What buffers do I use???

aw man i really really hope you get it figured out ?

is theyre a possibility that any of yoyr fish are terrotorially? as in they like theyre own space hehe maybe one of theyre buddys may cross the line resulting in 1 angry fish 1 dead fish...
hmmm

I really can't figure out my tank!!! The last three days I've had 3 harlequin rasboras die!!! They show no signs of disease. They all are eating and swimming all over the tank and schooling at times and have good color but I'll wake up and one is dead. I tested my water this morning and parameters are perfect again!!! The only thing I can think of is that it's my PH. I don't think it is fluctuating but I think it's to high!! It's at about anywhere from 7.6-8.0. I've read that rasboras and a lot of fish like it around 6.0-6.5. Is this true? If it is how do I get my PH lowered?? What buffers do I use???

That ph is just fine for rasboras. That's what mine is at and I've had my school for 6 months now with only 1 death due to gill flukes.

You are going to have to do a series of tests if you think it is ph. Test once before the lights come on, once in the middle of the lighting cycle, and once more after the lights go off. This will tell you how much it is swinging.

Back
Top Bottom