Tank cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a betta fish in a very heavily planted 10 gallon tank. As long as the water is good, Can I do a quick 15% water change a week without removing anything and gravel vaccum the substrate bi weekly? What would you guys recommend with a betta? I have sand substrate and 3 nerite snails and plants tied to driftwood so no root feeders. I also just recently added the driftwood with some new plants, do I need to change water more frequently with the new additions?

A heavily planted 10g with only a betta will likely never show any nitrate readings. I think your plan is good, although I would probably do 25%.

Hopefully my plants can get enough nutrients, wouldn’t changing the water less give them more nutrients from the water?

Most tap water has phosphates and nitrates in it that your plants like. That's why they say not to do frequent water changes with a big algae bloom, cuz it just keeps feed the algae

Back
Top Bottom